Volunteers are at the heart of Kāpiti Women’s Centre. Since 1988 the Centre has supported thousands of women. There is more demand than ever for what we offerWe have a range of volunteer opportunities. Can you help? It may just be the most important work you ever do.
- Be the first face people see at our drop-in centre, run pregnancy tests, welcome people to the counselling service and our events.
- You’ll be working a few hours a week with us and you’ll attend training and an occasional other event.
- Phone 04 902 6222 to have a chat or Read more.
- Yup, #kapititoo. Help Kāpiti women and their tamariki get out of violent situations and rebuild their lives.
- You’ll be answering our crisis line and supporting women to get access to health, legal, WINZ and other services.
- Full training given, next training starts in July.
- Phone 04 902 6222 to find out more.
- Our HUB helps the Centre stay strong and keep with our kaupapa. We provide governance, help work on strategy and vision.
- You’ll be attending a monthly 3 hour HUB meeting, and attending a few other events during the year. You may need to step up to support the Centre at other times.
- If you’re an experienced governance member, or never done it before but keen, we’d love to chat. Email HUB on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read more
- Our volunteer counselling team means the Centre can offer free counselling o women in Kāpiti.
- You’ll be a trained counsellor or a counsellor in training, attend an initial interview, and if successful see at least three clients a week following the Centre’s processes and best professional practice.
- Read more or phone 04 902 6222.