HUB is the governance group of the Kāpiti Women’s Centre with oversight for the Centre.
Skills you need to be a HUB member:
- An active interest in supporting women
- An ability to work in a collective environment
- Experience with problem solving and decision making
- Be self motivated and a creative thinker
- Have time and energy to commit to the Kāpiti Women’s Centre.
If you would like to be part of this team then:
- Come along to a minimum of three HUB meetings and meet with us to decide if this is a group you would like to join
- Following this, you will be interviewed by two HUB members. This is a two-way process to assess if you want to be part of the group and if we think you will be a good fit with the group.
You will be asked to:
- Attend a HUB meeting at least once a month
- Contribute to supporting the Centre Manager with a range of activities including: strategic planning; health and safety; legal and financial matters; employment of both paid and unpaid staff; policy and procedures
- Working with the Centre Manager in the overall planning for the Centre’s continuing work and development
- Participate in Centre activities such as the annual Hui, various fundraising and social even
Whether you are new to governance, keen to gain some governance experience, or experienced in governance, finance, or employment AND you agree with the kaupapa of women supporting women, we’d love to hear from you.
Email HUB email@example.com, for an initial korero.